Monday, January 21, 2008

Old Photos

These photos were purchased at
an antique shop a little while back.
I love them for the wonderful
styles of dresses that the young
ladies wear.
I often think that I should have
been born a century earlier!
I wonder whether they would have
worked on the making of the dresses
themselves, possibly a loving
Mother, or a dear Aunt, or maybe
a dressmaker.
Was there lots of hand-stitching, or lots
of machine stitching on a treadle
or a handcrank sewing machine? -
handmade laces, silk ribbons, buttons
and expensive trims?
Did they have the latest catalog/ue or
pattern book?
What colours or fabrics did they use?
I hope you enjoy this little look.

Sisters?



Above - March 1890


3 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Lovely! Can you imagine having to dress like that? grr.

SweetAnnee said...

Gorgeous..oh I would love to go hunting for
goodes with you!!


deena

crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi Deena! Thankyou! There will be more treasure hunting at Fryerstown this coming weekend, you are Welcome to come browse with me!