Monday, August 17, 2009

More from Sajou!

.... Continuing on with the
fantastique French haberdashery
supplier of Maison Sajou - there is
so much to see.

Below is just a very
small sample of the
glorious pages of items
available that are found in
the 152 page catalogue.
Really, every page is just
wonderful that I had a hard
time deciding which one
to include!

Frédérique Crestin-Billet has
given me her kind permission
to show you these pages
from her 2009 catalogue.

Below, these beautiful thread cards
are printed on both sides.

Below, threads and needles
including fantastic
needlebooks.

Below, ribbons and laces
and trims.

Below top, sewing boxes/kits.
Left, an excellent range of the most
magnificent scissors you will ever see.
Right, wonderful needlebooks.

Vintage Sajou Albums are becoming
extremely desirable and sought after.
The two below would be from the
late 1800's and are crochet
albums/pattern booklets.
Clever needleworkers could also
use these designs for cross-stitching!


Next time, I will be showing three of
Frédérique Crestin-Billet's wonderful
books -
1. La folie des CISEAUX
2. Ouvrages de Dames - Mercerie, Broderie
and 3. Mercerie Au Rayon Des Fils -
à coudre - à broder
à repriser - à tricoter


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥



5 comments:

Gina E. said...

Hi Marian,
Isn't old haberdashery pretty? Today things are just functional, no thought seems to go into making them pretty.
I have quite a few charts like the ones in your photo that were meant for crochet patterns, that I've put aside to cross stitch. It's good when things can be adapted to your own use!

crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi Gina!
There is a certain charm to old haberdashery!

Unknown said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


--
Venus
Wireless Home Alarm Security

Systems

crazyhaberdasher said...

Thanks so much for all of your kind comments!

pussman and co said...

waw, all these lovely wonderfull things!!
XX