Wednesday, September 26, 2007

NEEDLEBOOKS Part Ten

We are back to needlebooks again, for the time being anyway
- there are still a lot of categories to cover in this subject.

And they're off! ...or are they?
Let us hope that the current horse flu crisis is over very soon.
This horse shoe shaped needle book naturally lends itself to horse racing graphics.
But as you will see below, there are others too!
Here are a few examples -

Above top - The Jockey Club Needle Book - Made in Czechoslovakia
Bottom - The Steeple Chase Needle Book - Made in Japan

Above - no name (foil paper inside - probably Japan)

Above top - The Blue Ribbon Needle Book - Japan
Bottom - Bonita Needles - Made in Germany

Above top - Our Good Luck Needle Book - Made in Germany
Bottom - this shows the back of the previous "Blue Ribbon" Japan

Above top - Complete Needle Assortment - Made in Germany
Bottom - Kressent Needle Book - Made in Germany

Above top - The Horse-Shoe Needle Case - Made in Germany
Bottom - The Whip Needle Companion - Made in England

3 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I just found your blog and love it! Adding you to my list so I can come back for more visits!!

I collect old needlebooks, too, but regret having sold some of them on eBay. These are new to me and are fabulous! Too bad we don't have things made like this nowadays. This is why I love old things. Great graphics!!

Becky in California

crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi Becky, so glad you found me! Thanks for adding me to your list - I hope I do it justice. I love old things (I jokingly say that to my hubby!), the reproductions these days have just lost that something and dont have the charm of the vintage items. Though I still have a lot of the new needlebooks which I will be posting about soon!
I have had a look at your blog and it is fabulous! Love it! Happy blogging!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Thank you! Just found your comment!! You are so sweeeeeet! Becky