Saturday, June 16, 2007

WAY WE WEAR FAIR

Vintage Greeting Cards


These lovely cards were found today and I just couldn't resist them (and they were a bargain as well). There is a Raphael Tuck card, which is the card shown in the bottom left, that folds out from the centre - so pretty. It says "To Greet You, A Happy New Year to you".


Below is Raphael Tuck card folded out.


Two more pretty cards close up.


I visited the "Way We Wear" Fair today at Williamstown Town Hall where I met lovely Bernadette of Needlewitch. (Hi Bernadette, it was great to meet you in person!) Bernadette sells all manner of things to do with vintage sewing and she kindly allowed me to take some photos of the fantastic goodies she sells.



"Seams Old" of Victoria also allowed me to take a few photos.


I didn't get the details of these vintage dresses, there were too many to remember exactly, but they look fantastic.


Don't you just love this sweet kokeshi doll? This is one of the new acquisitions. If you look at the picture below, you will see that the end of the doll screws off. This was used as a needlecase and I am happy to place it with my collection, although I have a suspicion that its original use was possibly for something like toothpicks or such!


It is great to include some Australiana in the collection, below is a Koala and baby (which Chris informs me is called a Joey!) sewing stand with pincushion and places to put cotton reels and thimble. The Kookaburra is a thimble holder.



I will be posting again soon with more of the new additions.













2 comments:

catsmum said...

jealous jealous jealous ... okay I'm back now.

btw Seams Olde at Maldon have most of their dresses on the website
www.gladrags.com.au

crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi, thanks for the link!